When a donor tells you that she did not receive the email receipt for her donation(s), there could be many reasons: an internet interruption, spam setting, incorrect email address - just to name a few.
Here are a few steps you can take.
- 1. Verify that the email address is correct in the Transaction Report record for one-time payments or in Recurring Payments account for recurring transactions.
- 2. Ask the donor to check his/her spam folder
- There are too many service providers to address each one, but since Gmail is commonly used, we have prepared a detailed guide, Gmail: How To Find The Spam Folder that you can share with your donors.
- 3. Resend the email receipt
- In your Control Panel, go to Transaction Reports, and locate the donor's transaction by using the search fields or the One-Click Reports.
- On the summary list page, click the transaction ID to get into the detail page.
- In the Contact Information section, click the "Resend Email Receipt" button just below the contact information.